Food for Life: Cancer Project
What can you expect from the Food for Life Nutrition and Cooking Class Series for Cancer Prevention and Survival?
The class series covers a variety of cancer-related nutrition topics and demonstrates how to prepare several meals loaded with antioxidants and phytochemicals, high-fiber and low-fat foods, and healthy dairy alternatives. The series also provides information on planning meals and maintaining a healthy weight.
This is a FREE class series, each participant must register to attend, and we encourage you to attend as many classes as possible. Classes are held at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine office, 5100 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20016
- Tuesday, April 3, 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.: Introductory Lecture by Physician Jim Loomis, MD
- Tuesday, April 10, 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.: How Foods Fight Cancer
- Tuesday, April 17, 6 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.: Vegant This: A plant Based Nutrition Support Group meeting (at Woodrow Wilson High School)
- Tuesday, April 24, 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.: Fueling up on Low-Fat, High Fiber Foods
- Tuesday, May 1, 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.: Discovering Meat and Dairy Alternatives
- Tuesday, May 8, 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.: Cancer-Fighting Compounds and Healthy Weight
5100 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20016
Registration opens on March 20
Join us March 20 for Vegan This! a monthly plant-based nutrition support group fueled by the Physicians Committee to give you the support you need to thrive on a vegan diet in the DMV area.
Joining us this month is Neal Barnard, M.D., founder and president of Physicians Committee, who will give a special lecture and book signing from his new Dr. Neal Barnard’s Cookbook for Reversing Diabetes. The book draws on decades of scientific research showing the power of plant-based diets for reversing type 2 diabetes. Dreena Burton, best-selling cookbook author and creator of the Plant Powered Kitchen blog, developed the cookbook’s 150 recipes. Books will be available for purchase at the event.
Also joining us is RoRo’s food truck, serving fresh and hearty plant-based Lebanese cuisine with a modern twist! Come hungry and ready to purchase delicious vegan meals like veggie shawarma, rice platters, salads, oven baked chips, hummus, falafel, and za’atar cauliflower.
Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Save these dates:
- April 17, 2018
- May 15, 2018
- June 19, 2018