Zoom with Planted Platter
11 Wellington Drive
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Foods for a Healthy Heart
Plant-based diets benefit heart health because they contain no dietary cholesterol, very little saturated fat, and abundant fiber. Rich in potassium, a plant-based diet also improves blood pressure.
This class reviews why a plant-based diet can help prevent heart disease as well as manage and sometimes even reverse it. Find out how you can manage your heart health with a plant-based diet.
In this relaxing and fun Sunday afternoon class, you can cook along with the instructor, or just watch and learn.
- Supportive group discussions about how to include delicious plant-based meals in your busy lifestyle
- Informative handouts with plant-based nutrition tips for additional learning
- Short, fact-based video segments presented by medical and nutrition experts from the Physicians Committee
- Recipe demonstrations using inexpensive, wholesome, plant-based ingredients, with a copy of the recipes for you to try at home
- Practical suggestions on replacing meat, dairy, and other animal products with tasty, plant-based ingredients
- Tips for preparing healthy, low-cost vegan (plant-based) meals at home
- Question/answer time