Planted Platter (Online via Zoom)
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
A decline in brain health is not an inevitable part of aging. Yet, how we eat and live can help us protect our memory and stay sharp into old age.
Plant-based foods are beneficial to the brain and may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
- Learn about the research showing the negative impact of saturated and trans fats on brain function.
- Discover which plant foods are most beneficial to the brain.
- Gain knowledge about which supplements to take and avoid for brain health.
- Watch a cooking demonstration with recipes using power foods for the brain.
- Supportive group discussions about how to include delicious plant-based meals in your busy lifestyle
- Informative handouts with plant-based nutrition tips for additional learning
- Short, fact-based video segments presented by medical and nutrition experts from the Physicians Committee
- Recipe demonstrations using inexpensive, wholesome, plant-based ingredients, with a copy of the recipes for you to try at home
- Practical suggestions on replacing meat, dairy, and other animal products with tasty, plant-based ingredients
- Tips for preparing healthy, low-cost vegan (plant-based) meals at home
- Question/answer time