Planted Platter (Online via Zoom)
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Improve your heart health and lower your blood pressure by learning to make plant-based meals in this special 2-for-1 bundled class. Learn to make six plant-based recipes. Use the knowledge you gain in this class to boost your immunity, manage chronic health issues, and lose weight through plant-based eating.
Foods for a Healthy Heart & Blood Pressure reviews why a plant-based diet not only helps to prevent heart disease but also can manage and sometimes even reverse it if you already have heart health issues.
Having a healthier heart and lower blood pressure reduces your risks if you contract COVID-19 and generally improves your quality of life.
- Supportive group discussions about how to include delicious plant-based meals in your busy lifestyle, beginning with foods you already know
- Informative handouts with plant-based nutrition tips for additional learning
- Two short, fact-based video segments presented by medical and nutrition experts from the Physicians Committee
- Recipe demonstrations using inexpensive, wholesome, plant-based ingredients, with a copy of the recipes for you to try at home; learn how to make 6 recipes in this combined 2-for-1 class
- Practical suggestions on replacing meat, dairy, and other animal products with tasty, plant-based ingredients
- Tips for preparing healthy, low-cost vegan (plant-based) meals at home
- Optional question/answer time with the instructor for 30 minutes following the class