Orders are processed through:
The Physicians Committee Marketplace,
P.O. Box 180,
Summertown, TN 38483
For customer service, call toll-free 800-695-2241
Live operators are on duty weekdays 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Central Time).
When you apply for and use the Physicians Committee Platinum® Visa Rewards Card, the bank will donate $50 and a percentage of all your future purchases on the card to the Physicians Committee.
The Whole Foods Diabetic Cookbook
By Patricia Stevenson and Michael Cook
With information on diabetes and nutrition by Patricia Bertron, R.D.
It’s not just about sugar anymore! This revolutionary approach helps manage your diabetes naturally, using whole grains, legumes, vegetables, and fruit in delicious meat-free recipes. Keeping your weight in check and reducing the amount of fat in your diet can make it easier to stay healthy.
A vegetarian diet high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans, and low in fats (especially animal fats) will:
- keep your blood sugar at a more constant level
- make it easier for your to keep off unwanted weight, and
- provide delicious alternatives to high-fat treats.
If you’re not sure how to add more meatless meals to your menu plan, these easy recipes will show you how to use an array of whole foods to prepare dishes that are as tasty as they are nutritious.
Learn how to create:
- delicious fruit smoothies and whole grain breakfasts
- whole grain muffins and biscuits
- hearty salads and light, good-for-you salad dressings
- easy lunchtime soups and sandwiches
- burgers, stir-frys, tacos, veggie pot pies, and
- guilt-free chocolate layer cake.
Take the whole foods route to diabetes control!
About the authors
Patricia Bertron, R.D., is the staff nutritionist for Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
Patricia Stevenson is a writer-researcher living in Connecticut and author of the first edition of this book, Vegetarian Cooking for Diabetics.
Michael Cook is a health and nutrition editor and food stylist. He has also participated in food aid projects in the Caribbean and Central America.