Friday, July 18, and Saturday, July 19, 2014
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Poster Submissions Closed
The International Conference on Diabetes Planning Committee invites you to submit an abstract to be considered for poster presentation in Washington, D.C., at the Poster and Conference Reception on Friday evening, July 18, 2014.
Presenting a poster is a great opportunity to take part in the discussion of evidence-based approaches to address the epidemic of diabetes, from basic science laboratory to clinical practice and the world beyond. Final selections will be based on the quality and clarity of the abstract and topical relevance. Posters will be listed by presenter name(s) and poster title in the conference materials.
Poster Abstract Categories
- Prevention of Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes in Children and Teens
- Translating Nutrition Research Into Practice and Community Settings
- Plant-Based Dietary Patterns For Diabetes and More
- Nutrition Education in Medical School and Elsewhere
- Policy Approaches to Better Diets and Better Health
- Environmental and Sustainability Issues
- Changing Behavior
- Novel Approaches in Clinical Research
The submission site requires the following information:
- Presenter: Please list all presenters and planners who contributed to the work discussed in the abstract. Please provide contact information, credentials, and professional experience as well as duality of interest information for each person listed.
- Abstract Form: Include title and abstract. These will appear in promotional materials. Provide at least two measurable behavior objectives. Select content area from the list provided.
Preparing the Abstract
Research Abstracts: The body of the abstract must include the purpose, significance of the study, participants, design and methods, data analysis and results (statistical tests if appropriate), interpretation, and conclusions. If applicable, note any funding source.
Nonresearch abstracts are also welcome, including literature reviews, evidence-based case-studies, and quality-improvement programs.
It is strongly suggested that you enter the submission site and begin your submission well in advance of the deadline. You will not be able to save your work and complete it at a later time. It is suggested you create a Word document with the required information and cut and paste the information into the abstract site once you are ready.
After the submission deadline, abstracts may not be revised in any way or resubmitted. Proofread abstracts carefully to avoid errors before submission. If accepted, your abstract will be published as submitted.
- We do not accept posters based on animal research.
- No speaker substitutions may be made after the abstract review process has been completed.
- At least one abstract author must attend the conference for the poster to be displayed.
- Presenters are responsible for the full cost of conference attendance.
Dates to Remember
- Deadline: Poster Submissions Closed
- Notification of Acceptance: Rolling Basis