Celebrating 25 Years (25 Good Things to Do Now)
This year, PCRM turns 25 years old and the organization is expanding in size and scope like never before! The key to our success has always been the people behind the work—our physicians and scientists and the members who work beside them and provide support for their efforts. Your involvement has opened doors, encouraged advancements, and provided us with invaluable guidance. To strengthen this partnership, we have put together a list of 25 things you can do to help us continue on the path to success.
- Bring your physician your copy of Good Medicine and ask him or her to become a member.
- Send your friends and family an e-mail encouraging them to sign up for PCRM’s free online community.
- Invite your Facebook friends to become fans of PCRM’s Facebook page.
- Bring PCRM’s Vegetarian Starter Kits to your next community tabling event.
- Make a donation to help ensure PCRM has the funds needed to take action for people and animals.
- Know what your child’s school is serving in its cafeteria, and advocate for a daily dose of healthy plant-based options. You can make a difference when you sign up to become a Healthy School Lunch Revolutionary.
- Watch PCRM’s new, powerful anniversary video that focuses on our dedicated staff and their work. See it here and then share it to help introduce people to our mission.
- Keep the New Four Food Groups handy when you download a free, colorful handout. Perfect for your refrigerator or pantry door. Get it here.
- Watch PCRM’s provocative new fast-food commercial and weigh in on the buzz!
- Visit PCRM.org often to read about PCRM’s hot topics.
- Give a PCRM gift membership—perfect for a friend, colleague, and your physician! Call 202-527-7304 to order.
- Attend a PCRM member event held throughout the year. These events are a great way to meet PCRM staff and fellow members. Check our online events calendar.
- Visit us! PCRM’s headquarters is located in Washington, D.C. Let us know when you will be in town and come for a tour—we’d love to see you.
- Sign up for a Food for Life nutrition and cooking class series. These popular Cancer Project classes are now offered in hundreds of cities across the country and are available to anyone wishing to take control of his or her diet and health. New classes for kids are now being offered!
- Enjoy a new healthy recipe every week. PCRM delivers delicious recipes to your e-mail inbox—perfect dishes to make and share for good health.
- Shop! Get the PCRM credit card and earn dollars to support PCRM while you shop.
- Create or update your will. Take a little time now to plan a legacy of compassion and feel secure knowing that your assets will help the people, animals, and causes you care about.
- Give the very best in health. Visit PCRM’s Online Marketplace to order nutrition resources, vegan cookbooks, t-shirts, tote bags, and more. Great holiday gifts for everyone on your list.
- Join Hugh Jackman in asking your congressional representative to support H.R. 5504, the Improving Nutrition for America’s Children Act. HealthySchoolLunches.org.
- Download the new Kickstart iPhone App. More than 100,000 people already have it! Search for 21-DayVegan Kickstart at iTunes.
- Take action to oppose experiments on New Mexico chimpanzees. Urge Health and Human Services secretary Kathleen Sebelius to take action.
- Learn more about good health. Visit NutritionMD.org to make over your diet, get nutrition tips from experts, and learn how diet plays an important role in the prevention and treatment of a long list of conditions.
- Are you a health care professional? Earn free continuing education credits on a range of nutrition topics at NutritionCME.org.
- Why does a salad cost more than a Big Mac? Learn about the Farm Bill here and how billions of dollars in subsidies goes to support the production of unhealthy meat and dairy products.
- Talk it up! PCRM members can help us continue to grow by staying involved and sharing PCRM resources and information.
Happy 25th Anniversary!