Planned Giving: Charitable Remainder Unitrusts Illustration
How it works
You transfer cash, securities or other appreciated property into a trust.
The trust pays a percentage of the value of its principal, which is re-valued annually, to you or to beneficiaries you name.
When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution to the unitrust.
- You pay no upfront capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- You or your designated beneficiaries receive income for life or a term of years.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust as your circumstances allow and qualify for additional tax deductions.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and PCRM later.
For more information
Charitable Remainder Unitrusts Related Links
Complete gift description
Is this gift for you?
Additional Planning Tips
Planned Giving Home
Goals & Benefits
« Quick Link to a Gift
Meet/Contact the Team