PCRM's 21-Day Vegan Kickstart Marches On
Were you one of the 27,000 people who took part in PCRM’s 21-Day Vegan Kickstart this January? Who got a phone call from NBA star John Salley? Who chatted live with Marilu Henner? No? Well, on March 1, it’s your turn to join the Kickstart and plant the seeds that will allow you to experience the long-term health benefits of a vegan diet.
On the Kickstart Community Forum message board, where January Kickstarters got the social support of other participants and where nutrition professionals answered health and diet questions, hundreds of people posted comments describing their paths to weight loss, better health, and greater well-being:
“I just want to say this has been a pleasantly fun experience. ... I don't miss the meat, cheese. ... I love cooking now, and I am willing to try any new recipe. I also feel so clear headed in all areas of my life. It is almost a natural progression, an enlightening experience. ... My family has also seen the positive effects. ... I had NO idea this would be such a life changing way. Thank you for this great experience and renewed out look on life. LIFE IS GOOD!”
“These three weeks have been awesome. ... I've lost 4 pounds and feel like it’s 10. I just feel lighter and a friend said I had lost a lot of bulk!"
“My energy level has been great. My husband and I work from home, have a 2-year-old, a 6-year-old and an 18-year-old in college. Life is hectic! But, I am energized throughout the day, noticeably more than before.”
Want results like these? Sign up now for daily messages starting March 1 that will give you an all-access pass to the Kickstart Web site, where you will find:
- celebrity nutrition tips and inspiration from author and subject of the documentary Crazy Sexy Cancer Kris Carr, actress Alicia Silverstone, four-time NBA champion John Salley, author of the best-selling book Skinny Bitch Rory Freedman, and many others;
- daily e-tips designed to put you on the path to weight loss, better health, and greater well-being;
- a 21-day meal plan with delicious, easy, and satisfying recipes that will help you break cravings for unhealthy foods;
- weekly motivational nutrition webcasts;
- social support of other Kickstart participants in a community forum where nutrition professionals answer health and diet questions; and
- an interactive vegan restaurant guide.
Register for the Kickstart today at 21DayKickstart.org.
PCRM Online, February 2010