Member Support: Become an Activist
Do you want to get more involved? As you know, a plant-based diet has positive benefits on our health, on animals, and on the planet. You can become an activist in your own community and further our shared efforts to make the world a healthier, more compassionate, and kinder place to live. You can find links to everything listed below at PCRM.org.
- Get informed: The Physicians Committee has an abundance of books on vegan nutrition and a wide variety of literature; much is free and downloadable. Read and share with your friends and then donate a copy to your local library.
- Join our online community: Get PCRM’s monthly e-newsletter, read Dr. Barnard’s blog, and sign up for Breaking Medical News and Action Alerts to support our campaigns. Sign up >
- Get reliable health information: Concerned about the “health advice” you might be getting from other online medical sources? Check out NutritionMD.org for up-to-the-minute dietary approaches to your health concerns.
- Sign up for our 21-Day Vegan Kickstart: More than 300,000 people have participated in this free online program that delivers daily messages filled with nutrition facts, recipes, cooking videos, and tips from celebrity coaches to your inbox. This popular program is now offered in English, Spanish, Japanese, and Mandarin, with a version specifically for people living in India. The Kickstart begins on the first day of every month. Sign up at 21DayKickstart.org.
- Become a health advocate: Whether it’s helping our children get healthy school lunches, getting reports and surveys on everything from cookbooks to airport food, or spreading the word about our continuing medical education for healthcare professionals, there are myriad ways for you to become a Physicians Committee health advocate.
- Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter: Let us know what you’re thinking and help us share the latest news on nutrition and ethical research.
- Help educate physicians: Give your doctor a subscription to Good Medicine magazine.
- Share healthful recipes: Make and share our low-fat, delicious dishes with family and friends to help promote all the benefits of a plant-based diet. We have hundreds of free, taste-tested recipes online, and members can receive a weekly recipe delivered right to their inbox.
Help us keep this work moving forward by making a donation! Please consider supporting the Physicians Committee by making a gift, becoming a monthly supporter, or encouraging the support of others by sharing our resources. We greatly appreciate your support.
Being an activist couldn’t be easier. Pick one thing that speaks to you and just take action!