Join the VegRUN Marathon Training Program
Vegan ultramarathoner Scott Jurek is the author of the book Eat&Run. He’s also a coach for the Physicians Committee’s VegRUN fundraising program that offers a comprehensive plant-based training program for a half marathon and marathon.
“Endurance takes training—and that’s what you’re doing now. Soon, you’ll be prepared to continue your vegan diet for the long run,” says Jurek. “I’ve followed a vegan diet for a decade, and I’m the course record holder and consecutive seven-time champion of the Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run, two-time champion of the Badwater Ultramarathon, three-time Spartathlon champion, and winner of Hardrock 100.”
Your $50 donation to the Physicians Committee will kick off your fundraising efforts and provide you weekly e-mail messages leading up to your event. You’ll gain exclusive access to a website with:
- Matt Frazier’s No Meat Athlete half-marathon and marathon training plans
- Plant-based recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, side dishes, snacks and dessert, and pre-race fuel
- Fit facts and nutrition tips
- Advice from more than a dozen world-class athletes, including world-class vegan cyclist Christine Vardaros; Ironman triathlete Brendan Brazier, author of Thrive Fitness: The Vegan-Based Training Program for Maximum Strength, Health, and Fitness; and Rich Roll, author of Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World’s Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself
- A Facebook page monitored by running experts and nutritionists where you can get your questions answered and share your successes and challenges
You can also create a personal fundraising Web page with your story, picture, and fundraising tracker that shows how much you’ve raised for the Physicians Committee. Share your page with friends and family and ask them to make a donation to support your fundraising goals. As you fundraise, you will also qualify for incentives, such as a VegRUN technical T-shirt, a selection of books and products from VegRUN celebrity coaches, and other running gear and products.
Train with the Physicians Committee and support lifesaving programs. Everybody wins! To sign up for VegRUN, visit VegRUN.org.