DIY Dinner Bowls
Need a quick meal with whatever you’ve got in your fridge? DIY Dinner Bowl is the answer! All you need are a few components—a grain, some vegetables, perhaps a legume, and a dressing—and you’re all set. These meals come together even faster if you’ve done some of the prep work already with leftover ingredients. Chopped too many carrots a few days ago? Throw them in! Leftover cooked rice? You get the idea—toss it in!
Each week has one DIY Dinner Bowl scheduled into the meal plan. If you’re cooking up all of our recipes, you may have enough ingredients leftover to make them into some of these ideas. Or create your own bowl ideas and add the ingredients to your shopping list!
WEEK ONE IDEAS:
- How about a burrito bowl? Mix rice, black beans, corn, lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and some salsa topped with cilantro.
- Or a quinoa pilaf? Cook quinoa with your favorite seasonings, vegetable broth, and chickpeas. Throw in your favorite leafy green, like bok choy.
- Cook the portobellos, artichokes, and roasted red pepper together with garlic and eat on top of a bed of rice with a handful of cilantro.
WEEK TWO IDEAS:
- Try roasting whatever vegetables you still have in the fridge—like carrots, cauliflower, sweet potato—with some cumin and paprika. When they’re done roasting, mix them with rice, warm vegetable broth, and a squeeze of lemon.
- Mix soba noodles with edamame. Top with rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Is it time for another burrito bowl?
WEEK THREE IDEAS:
- Bake that leftover tofu. Slice it up and marinade it in your favorite dressing—perhaps trying a mixture of soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Then heat at 400 F for 30 minutes.
- Heat up those cannellini beans and broccoli and serve over pasta.