COMMUNITY FORUM

Return to community forum >

Starting Over

I was vegan for 3 years, I felt wonderful. Then...we moved back to our old home town with lots of family and people who kept making it a big deal that I didn't eat the same as them. Now I am back to eating everything and feel horrible. I just signed up for the new kickstart program starting November 1st. My biggest obstacle will be other people so I just have to be strong. I know its the right thing for me and my husband.

Becembrie
You got this. I've only been

You got this. I've only been working at it for three months. I've been messing up lately and when I saw the 21 day jump start I figured it would be a good way to get back on track. It's hard with family and especially the holidays. Many of our traditions are based around food which we now know is making us ill. We just need to keep helping each other and telling people we make our choices and they make theirs. We don't judge them and then mustn't judge us. Maybe we can recruit some new plant based eaters in the process. Good luck.

NanaBanana
Need a good support network and accountability partner!

Hi I am like "Starting Over!" I did good for quite a while and then got overwhelmed by the pressure from others making fun of my lifestyle and food choices. So, I gave in and started eating fish and seafood, cheese, and some dairy mixed in with my foods. I feel sick, bloated, tired and nauseous most of the time. My doctor even gave me medication to take when I feel sick, as I told him I feel so nauseous most every day! I am also taking meds for fibromyalgia and for chronic fatigue because I am so exhausted all of the time! I want to do this 21 day challenge even though Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up! I have got to be strong for my SELF AND MY OWN HEALTH...HELP....PLEASE ;O)

NayNay
Just getting started

I just signed up on the first so I’m not sure If the program is going to start me now or on Dec 1st since I haven’t gotten anything from them. I have already started trying to eliminate foods from my diet. The hardest seems to be hidden oils and cheeses in casseroles. I’m not sure how this site works yet but I’m trying to learn. Holliday’s will be a bit hard I think as I have to cook the traditional foods for everyone. I will be adding a few new dishes for me. I wish you all the best.

mneola
If you aren't getting the

If you aren't getting the daily emails, please let me know. You can send me your email address and I'll check your status.

Wishing you all the best on this November Kickstart!

Maggie Neola