COMMUNITY FORUM

Return to community forum >

I'm struggling

My doctor put me on a whole foods plant based diet, which is harder than being vegan. I don't know anyone who's whole foods plant based. I would like to find someone who has the same diet as me so I can get some support. I feel so alone. Can someone please help me?

Irene
I've been on plant based for

I've been on plant based for about 3 years. What are you struggling with? Maybe I can help.

I love this site as there are good recipes and a shopping list. I've also checked their "older" version and it's just as good. I have to make a few adjustments. I have to cook my beans and legumes by the old fashion way, soaking overnight and then baking soda in the water to cook.I'm single so I halve the recipes unless I'm planning on sharing.There are other sites on the internet that have great/good recipes. Is that your struggle? It really does require a little in advance preparation. My doctor about 3 1/2 years ago immediately took me off statins when I told him I was plant based. I do follow EWG.org recommendation on Clean and Dirty fruits and veggies. BUT I'm lucky I live in a town that has a beautiful grocery store about every mile, seriously!

When I look at the nutritional content of package food, I wonder why in this world everyone isn't plant based? Really, folks put that stuff in their systems? Just grab a fruit or veggie with some hummus and in 5 minutes the hunger is over and you'll get a boost. Isn't that what life is about? Sorry, getting "preachy."

CC712
Hi Irene. Thanks for

Hi Irene. Thanks for replying. I just don't know anyone who follows this lifestyle. I would like to know someone who's whole foods plant based so I can get encouragement. I feel all alone.

mneola
Hi there,

Hi there,

Many of the meals on our menu are whole foods plant-based, so feel free to make those that fit your goals. When you make the bulk of your diet focused on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes you'll be getting ample amounts of whole foods! Let us know how we can support you further!

Best,
Maggie Neola, RD
Physicians Committee

Maggie Neola

Sydney
Hang in there...

We can do this. I'm on day three, too. I can't purge my cabinets and fridge because I'm the only one attempting this, but, we can do this. I plan to make snacks when I'm not hungry so they're ready for when my resolve to say "we can do this" is low. Which reminds me, I better go chop, peel and put away a few things for later.

CC712
Thanks Sydney. I really

Thanks Sydney. I really needed the support.