COMMUNITY FORUM

Return to community forum >

Newby questions

Hi. I just noticed that avocados are not on the menu. Can anyone tell me why? I'm starting my 21 days while I'm away from home so I'm trying to figure out what to buy and how to manage the first 6 days.

mneola
Hi there,

Hi there,

Glad to hear you're starting the program despite being away from home! We generally recommend people limit the amount of high-fat foods in their diet. While avocados are a beneficial source of unsaturated fats, antioxidants, and fiber, it can be easy to eat too much of them which may curb weight loss efforts given they are a dense source of calories. For that reason, we leave them off this menu, but that doesn't mean they cannot be enjoyed in small amounts.

Hope that helps.

Maggie Neola, RD
Physicians Committee

Maggie Neola

garden lady
HI, Thanks for the response,

HI, Thanks for the response, made it through the first week. We stayed in an extended stay place, had our own kitchen. Solved a lot of problems. Home again, now I can really try some of the more involved recipes. Looking forward to it. I feel fine, hungry sometimes. Biggest challenge was salad dressings, hard to get anything healthy and oil free when eating out. Don't care for plain vinegar. Thanks again.