COMMUNITY FORUM

Return to community forum >

Blood sugars

I had been diagnosed as type II diabetic on Dec. 21st of this last year and was put on an oral medication. I started on Feb 1st, the 21 day kickstart and my blood sugars are very low. My husband who has been a type II diabetic for over 15 years and is now on insulin has been partially following the 21 day kickstart, except he is still eating the last of the cheeses in our refrigerator. His blood sugars have dropped so low that he has cut his insulin in half and is working towards the goal of getting off insulin in time. His blood sugars have never been this low in years! These results are fantastic and we could not be grateful enough. Thank you PCRM!

VeganRD
Wonderful news!

Thank you for sharing your stories! That's fabulous news. As blood sugars drop, be sure to keep in close contact with your physician(s). It's a great problem to have, but it is serious. The best part of all of this is that you are not only reversing the diabetes but you are reducing your risk for heart disease and cancer as well! Win, win, win!

Susan Levin, M.S., R.D., C.S.S.D.
Director of Nutrition Education
Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine