COMMUNITY FORUM

Return to community forum >

Weight loss anyone?

I'm starting week 3 as are many others, and have not lost any weight. This is a huge disappointment. Anyone else in the same boat? I drink plenty of water so that's not an issue.

Fleming Island Girl
I am down 5 lbs contribute it

I am down 5 lbs contribute it to this program and no wine :-}
my portions are smaller also because the food just seems to fill me up. I'm not eating my daily banana either. I am loving most of the recipes.

Zes68
No weight loss either

I am not sure why I have not lost any weight but am disappointed. Not sure if I am eating either too much or not enough? Any suggestions any ideas?

Fleming Island Girl
it will happen. hang in there

it will happen. hang in there

NEW2THIS
Great news!

Congrats! I haven't noticed my clothes fitting different, but I do feel more....'present'? That's the best word I can think of. I'm happy to hear you are noticing changes and that it's just a matter of time before I can expect it as well. I too am loving the recipes - looking forward to the quesadillas tonight

kruhl
Losing weight

I've been transitioning this year but just started seriously transitioning with plant based whole foods for about 2 months. I lost 10 lbs prior to PCRM but had slowed down until I started with a group called Plant Based Nutritional Support Group (PBNSG). So this past 3 mos I'm starting to see the "melting off weight" process which is exciting. I've gone from 238 lbs (October 2015) to 225 lbs so it is a process that I'm willing to commit to and not get hung up on how slow or fast...or not at all but holding steady. I do have more clarity and I feel more confident because I am so committed and I BELIEVE in this lifestyle to be good for me. I have to think of how this is taking care of ME and that I am worthy of that care and love. I love the recipes and feel that the only addiction I am struggling with is stopping the processed oil. I no longer cook with olive oil or drizzle it on veggies...or use it in recipes that I thought were healthy. But last night, I confess, I broke down and put a tablespoon of olive oil and some sea salt on my air popcorn. It tasted good but I no longer want that so my goal is to find other ways to "dress" my air popcorn (Braggs aminos and nutritional yeast didn't cut it). I tried just nutritional yeast right after the popcorn came out of the popper but it doesn't stick to it so I don't get the cheesy craving like I want. It's all fun to keep trying and to feel good about every step of the way. One day at a time as they say in 12-step programs. And my favorite...Just For Today, I will....

NEW2THIS
End of Day 12

For popcorn, try garlic salt, rosemary or onion powder - they tend to work for me. I agree about the yeast, it wasn't a 'love at first bite' for me at all. Because it's healthy I'll keep putting it in my smoothies (or add it to my popcorn w/ the garlic or onion powder). If your vice is a tablespoon of olive oil once a week, I really think you are doing fantastic!

As for weight loss, I've lost 9 lbs at the end of Day 12! Not feeling hungry (and took a while to feel 'great'- still working on it actually) and admittedly I've been following the plan pretty closely (although I've allowed myself a martini or two). Had dinner with friends on two separate occasions and was super happy with how easy it was to dine WFPB. We went with a vegetarian combo at an Ethiopian restaurant and then to a local pizza place that has vegan crust and vegan cheese and loads of veggies- I was in heaven!!

patcee
Weight loss

I was disappointed at first, too, because there was no movement on the scale. However, now at the start of three weeks, I have lost 6 lbs. It was almost suddenly and I am thinking it was a matter of water retention or something that caused the delay. I also started using the calorie-light foods instead of calorie-dense as much as possible, as suggested on the PCRM site. Eating only the suggested servings of grains and beans, whole grain bread, white potatoes, etc. instead of eating all you want of those items really helps. I am filling up on low calorie, nutrition-dense vegetables and feel great! I wish I'd done this years ago. I just love this way of eating. I recently saw my cardiologist and GP doctor and they both said this diet is the healthiest for someone with my health issues. I am looking forward to my next blood panel to see if there are changes.

fran
weight gain after weight loss ???

Strangely enough my weight seems to vary a lot from one day to the next for example I weight myself a week ago and I was at 54 k today the scale indicates 55.6 i hace been doing a lot of sport but I know for sure I m not fatter I might be fit but certainly not fat can anyone explain this strange variation on the scale. This is not the first time something like that happens. FYI I have been on a strict vegan lifestyle since June so 6 monts. I feel much better but this weight variation are intriguing.
Any thought on the subject is very much welcome.

France

Lassy
Weight Loss

I just started week 3 on the program - surprisingly I am down another 3 lbs. (That's 5 altogether). When I eat I feel full but 4 hours later I am very hungry. I am still managing to stick to the vegan plan. Yesterday Dr. Neal Barnard's book came in the mail (The Get Healthy, Go Vegan Cookbook) I am looking forward to trying out the recipes! They seem quite different from any recipes I've made in the past - I am planning on trying 2 -3 per week.

Fran - could it be that you are gaining muscle?(muscle is heavier than fat) I know 10 years ago when I had time to exercise every day I weighed more than I thought I would have but my clothes fit as though I were smaller. It was very strange to me, but I didn't think too much about it as I felt good. (Maybe we shouldn't pay so much attention to the scale.)

Lassy
Weight Loss

I just started week 3 on the program - surprisingly I am down another 3 lbs. (That's 5 altogether). When I eat I feel full but 4 hours later I am very hungry. I am still managing to stick to the vegan plan. Yesterday Dr. Neal Barnard's book came in the mail (The Get Healthy, Go Vegan Cookbook) I am looking forward to trying out the recipes! They seem quite different from any recipes I've made in the past - I am planning on trying 2 -3 per week.

Fran - could it be that you are gaining muscle?(muscle is heavier than fat) I know 10 years ago when I had time to exercise every day I weighed more than I thought I would have but my clothes fit as though I were smaller. It was very strange to me, but I didn't think too much about it as I felt good. (Maybe we shouldn't pay so much attention to the scale.)

Irene
Weight Loss

I've lost about 4 pounds in 3 weeks. I was plant based before, but I started grabbing nuts and making chocolate chip cookies you can put on a few. Honestly, I thinking I was just trying to see if it would happen. It did! I'm short so extra weight really shows up. So I needed some help. Also I'm single, I enjoy having the shopping list and the menus. Sure makes life easy and tasty!

P
Weight loss. DAY 21. yaayaya

Did not loose #s but lost size. My clothes are definitely fitting differently. I can now shop in my closet. I am actually wearing a pair of jeans one size down today!