Marco Borges is an exercise physiologist, founder of 22 Days Nutrition, and author of the best-selling Power Moves. Marco earned his bachelor’s degree at Florida International University and quickly became an industry leader by opening the first spinning gym in Florida.
Marco continued to expand his brand by sharing his philosophies for health and wellness. For more than five years he wrote a column for the Miami Herald. Marco currently contributes to Oprah.com, Brides.com, TheKnot.com, the Wedding Channel, Men’s Health, Us Weekly, Seventeen, Latina, and his own widely read blogs, MarcoBorges.com and 22DaysNutrition.com. Vogue voted Marco’s Power Moves one of the top eight must-read health, fitness, and diet books.
Marco has also spent the last 20 years as a lifestyle coach, designing everything from workouts to nutrition plans for professional athletes and celebrities. Marco continues to share his passion for health and fitness through writing and motivational speaking, where he continues to battle the obesity epidemic one person at a time.
Co.Exist Nutrition (22Days products) was founded by Marco in 2010 as his response to a void he saw in the market place for organic, vegan, gluten-free, and kosher products. As a vegan himself, he felt the need to create an opportunity for others to consume consciously. 22Days is available in Whole Foods, the Vitamin Shoppe, and in small independent retailers in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
Learn more about Marco at www.MarcoBorges.com.
MARCO'S NUTRITION TIPS
Marco Borges' Recipes
- I'm constantly asked, “What's the secret?” My response is always the same: The secret to optimum health is a plant-based diet made up of the finest organic ingredients!
- I believe that consistency X effort = success, in all areas of life!
- A little bit every day goes a very long way! People are always willing to do anything it takes to get better once their health fails them. Why not do everything to stay better in the first place?
- You do not need a gym for an amazing body, and with a little creativity and dedication you can sculpt an Olympic body anywhere. Yes, this includes your home!
MARCO'S FAVORITE RECIPES
This is one of my favorite recipes. It's quite simple and very easy to make.
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- pinch of pepper
- 1/4 cup nuts (pine nuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans)
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 orange pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Haas avocado
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
Take an entire bunch of organic kale. I like to mix in different Kale colors. Chop all of the kale finely and toss into a large mixing bowl. At this point, I like to knead the kale in order to soften it up while adding the juice of 2 organic lemons, cumin, ground black pepper, and a touch of Himalayan sea salt. I then add 1 whole organic Haas avocado, organic grape tomatoes, 1/4 cup organic, raw, chopped mixed nuts, and green, orange, and red peppers.
- 1 1/2 cups fava beans
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh parsley
- 1 small orange jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Boil fava beans and remove the skin. Toss them into a crushing bowl. If you don't have one, you can throw them in a blender for a few seconds. Mix all ingredients together and you're done! Enjoy hot or cold!! I love to toss a little Haas avocado over it with some heirloom tomatoes.
Your friends will swear it's meat!
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts ground in the blender/food processor
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- pinch of cayenne pepper
Mix all the ingredients together and serve over romaine lettuce topped with fresh avocado, tomato, and olives.
1 bunch spinach
1 frozen banana
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 cup almond/rice milk
Blend all the ingredients together for an unbelievably delicious and nutritiously dense smoothie.