The Five Worst Packaged Lunchbox Meals: References
A Report from PCRM's Cancer Project
1. Slate. Out to Lunch: Are any of these premade meals worth buying? Available at http://www.slate.com/id/2149531/. Accessed March 7, 2009.
2. Journal Sentinel. Leveraging lunchables: Oscar Mayer's on-the-go lunch kits are a meaty ingredient in Kraft Foods' plans for future growth. Available at http://www.jsonline.com/business/29221984.html. Accessed March 8, 2009.
3. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Childhood Overweight and Obesity. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/obesity/childhood/index.htm. Accessed March 8, 2009.
4. American Heart Association. Obese kids’ artery plaque similar to middle-aged adults. Available at http://americanheart.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=558. Accessed March 8, 2009.
5. Report of a Joint WHO/FAO Expert Consultation. Diet, nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases. WHO Technical Report Series 916, 2003.
7. World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research. Food, nutrition, and the prevention of cancer: A global perspective. World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research, Washington, D.C., 1997, 216-251.
8. Bingham SA, Luben R, Welch A, Wareham N, Khaw KT, Day N. Are imprecise methods obscuring a relation between fat and breast cancer? Lancet. 2003;362:212-214.
9. Cho E, Speigelman D, Hunter DJ, Chen WY, Stampfer MJ, Colditz GA, Willett WC. Premenopausal fat intake and risk of breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003;95:1079-1085.
10. American Diabetes Association. 1 in 3 Americans Born in 2000 Will Develop Diabetes. Available at http://www.diabetes.org/for-media/scientific-sessions/06-14-03-2.jsp. Accessed March 8, 2009.
11. Kraft Foods. Lunchables Maxed Out Cracker Stackers: Cracker Combo Ham and Cheddar. Available at http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Products/ProductInfoDisplay.aspx?SiteId=1&Product=4470036249. Accessed March 7, 2009.
12. Kraft Foods. Lunchables Maxed Out Cracker Stackers: Cracker Combo Turkey and Cheddar. Available at http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Products/ProductInfoDisplay.aspx?SiteId=1&Product=4470036215. Accessed March 7, 2009.
13. Norwegian Jake’s. LunchBoxers: Pizza. Available at http://www.norwegianjakes.com/products/lunchboxers/. Accessed March 7, 2009.
14. Armour-Eckrich. LunchMakers Fun Kits: Bologna Cracker Crunchers. Available at http://www.armour-eckrich.com/healthylunchforkids.php. Accessed March 7, 2009.
15. Kraft Foods. Lunchables Nachos Cheese Dip and Salsa. Available at http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Products/ProductInfoDisplay.aspx?SiteId=1&Product=4470036036. Accessed March 7, 2009.