Resources for Parents
Vegetarian Options for School Lunch Programs
Learn about advantages for children’s health, meeting USDA requirements, menu makeovers, introducing new options, advice for parents, vegetarian product vendors, vegetarian commodities, and additional resources. Download Vegetarian Options for School Lunch Programs (PDF)
- Vegetarian Options for School Lunch Programs (PDF)
- Nutrition for Kids
- Healthy Snacks
- Vegetarian Diets: Right from the Start
- Vegetarian Diets: Advantages for Children
- Weight Control and Obesity Prevention in Children
- Parents’ Guide to Building Better Bones
- Nutrition for Kids: A Dietary Approach to Lifelong Health
- Fruits & Veggies. More Matters: Produce for Better Health Foundation provides information on and recipes for preparing fruits and vegetables.
- The Vegetarian Resource Group's page for Kids, Families and Teens provides information on nutrition and healthy eating for vegetarian kids
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Vegan Eating for Kids, by Andrew Villamagna, M.D., and Dana Villamagna, with a foreword by Neal Barnard, M.D.
- Healthy Eating for Life for Children, by Physicians Committee Expert Panel with Amy Lanou, Ph.D. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Vegan In Volume, by Chef Nancy Berkoff, R.D.