Session 5. Dairy Alternatives
Aim: To increase awareness of alternatives to dairy products.
- Attendance sheet
- Chapter 5: Dairy Alternatives from Nutrition Education Curriculum DVD
- AV equipment to show DVD
- Extension cord
- Large writing surface and writing tool
- Paper/pens for group members
Welcome and Introductions:
- Pass around attendance sheet.
- Ask participants (one by one) to discuss their successes and challenges of the past week.
DVD (11:25): “Discovering Dairy Alternatives” from Eating Right for Cancer Survival: Disc 1, Show 4
Lecture and Discussion (20 minutes): Discuss dairy alternatives. You may wish to refer to Appendix 5, which briefly lists replacements for meat, dairy products, eggs, and oils. If there is extra time, you can show a short cooking demonstration segment from the DVD (10 minutes).