Session 4. Replacing Meat
Aim: To increase awareness of foods that replace meat.
- Attendance sheet
- Chapter 4: Replacing Meat from Nutrition Education Curriculum DVD
- AV equipment to show DVD
- Extension cord
- Large writing surface and writing tool
- Paper/pens for group members
Welcome and Introductions:
- Pass around attendance sheet.
- Ask participants (one by one) to discuss their successes and challenges of the past week.
DVD (10:04): “Replacing Meat” from Eating Right for Cancer Survival: Disc 1, Show 5
Lecture and Discussion (20 minutes): Discuss vegan meat alternatives. You may wish to refer to Appendix 5, which briefly lists replacements for meat, dairy products, eggs, and oils. If there is extra time, you can show a short cooking demonstration segment from the DVD (10 minutes).