Session 13. Breast Cancer
Aim: To help participants understand how foods influence the risk of developing breast cancer and how diet can help after diagnosis.
- Attendance sheet
- Chapter 13: Breast Cancer from Nutrition Education Curriculum DVD
- AV equipment to show DVD
- Extension cord
- Large writing surface and writing tool
- Paper/pens for group members
Welcome and Introductions:
- Pass around attendance sheet.
- Ask participants (one by one) to discuss their successes and challenges of the past week.
DVD (13:38): “Foods and Breast Cancer Survival” from Eating Right for Cancer Survival: Disc 2, Show 8
Lecture and Discussion (15 minutes): Which foods help fight cancer?