Carrot Cake & Zucchini Bread Oatmeal
- 3 cups steel-cut oats
- 9 cups vanilla-flavored soy milk, or other plant-based such as almond, rice, or hazelnut
- 6 small carrot, grated
- 3 small zucchini, peeled and grated
- 3 tsp. of pure vanilla extract.
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. brown sugar, maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
THE NIGHT BEFORE:
- Combine all of the ingredients, except pecans, in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
IN THE MORNING:
- Stir the oatmeal, taste and adjust the seasonings, and add more soy milk, if needed. Top with chopped pecans.
Recipe adapted from 86 Lemons