Translating Nutrition Research into Community Education: A Workshop for Implementing Diet-Related Chronic Disease Curricula
Food for Life Training: Apply
Please read on and apply to become an instructor if you are:
Not affiliated with an organization or institution (i.e., independent)
Intending to teach at several venues in your community
Ideal applicants have:
- Passion for promoting plant-based nutrition for general good health, as well as cancer, diabetes, and/or obesity prevention and treatment
- Superb oral presentation skills
- Personal adherence to a plant-based, meat-free, and dairy-free diet (required)
- Strong cooking and food preparation
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong business/entrepreneurial skills
- Knowledge of plant-based nutrition and/or experience delivering nutrition recommendations preferred, but not required
- Willingness and ability to market the Food for Life classes in your community, secure venues/audiences, and handle various administrative details such as registration and coordination with the Food for Life team
- A means of transportation for food shopping
- An e-mail address and access to the Internet
- The time and financial means to attend a three-day training in Washington, D.C. (see training fees)
To learn about the benefits of being an instructor, click here.
Instructor applicants must:
- Complete the application form
- Include your resume as a PDF
- Include a link to a short video (3-5 minutes) of yourself carrying out a cooking demonstration. The video can be homemade from a home kitchen or a staged cooking class attended by family and friends. The video must be submitted via YouTube or website link
Application Review Process
Top candidates will participate in a phone interview conducted by the Food for Life program team. Applicants accepted to the program will receive notification via e-mail. The accepted applicant must then remit full payment for the Food for Life New Instructor Training within six weeks of receipt of the program acceptance notification.
How to Reapply
To reapply to be a Food for Life cooking instructor, you must complete a new application and resubmit a video. Please review the requirements above and if you still meet these requirements, download, complete, and submit the application along with your résumé and video.
If you have questions about the position, read FAQs about the position here.
If you have additional questions that cannot be answered by the FAQs, contact the Food for Life program team:
Educational Programs and Marketing Director