No Tricks – Just Treats!
Looking for vegan alternatives to help celebrate this Halloween? Negotiating Halloween candy with kids can be a challenge, especially when steering clear of animal products. Try treating them with some delicious recipes that are fun, too! For more tips, read through this post by VegFamily on how to go about celebrating a vegan Halloween.
Here's a list of snacks, desserts, and homemade candies that are spooky and delicious:
- Follow this recipe for Carrot Cake except pour the batter into muffin tin molds instead of a cake pan to make carrot cupcakes! Top them with chocolate frosting for a black and orange Halloween inspired dessert!
- Use strawberries in this Berry Mousse recipe to turn the delicious mousse to an eerie blood-red color!
- Try these recipes from blogger Chocolate Covered Katie for Spooky Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats and Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups!
- Try a whole-foods Caramel Apple courtesy of Dreena Burton on Plant Powered Kitchen!
- Check out Kathy Patalsky’s blog post on Healthy. Happy. Life. for a Vegan Halloween Recipe Round-Up!
- Want to make an extra special Halloween Party treat? Try this recipe from VegNews for Spooky Eyeball Mini Cupcakes!
- Other ideas for treating kids include small bags of pretzels, boxes of raisins, and small toys or prizes.