Meet Our Doctors and Staff
- President: Neal Barnard, M.D., F.A.C.C.
- Medical Director: James F. Loomis Jr., M.D.
- Physician: Stephen Neabore, M.D.
- Nurse Practitioner: Emily Kasmar, M.S., A.G.P.C.N.P.- B.C.
- Dietitian: Susan Levin, M.S., R.D.
- Dietitian: Karen Smith, R.D.
- Dietitian: Maggie Neola, R.D., L.D.
- Medical Assistant: Manuel Calcagno, R.M.A.
Karen Smith, R.D.
Karen Smith, R.D., is a staff dietitian for the Barnard Medical Center who enjoys educating patients about the power of plant-based nutrition and disease prevention. Ms. Smith has more than 10 years of experience as a registered dietitian in various community and clinical nutrition settings, including Meals on Wheels, WIC, and multiple long-term care facilities.
Ms. Smith is a graduate of the University of Delaware, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Dietetics and completed a dietetic internship. In her spare time, she enjoys running marathons, spending time with her family, and traveling.
Location and Hours
5100 Wisconsin Ave. N.W., Suite #401
Washington, D.C. 20016
Open 7am – 7pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays
8am - 6pm on Wednesdays and Fridays
Please call for an appointment.