Meet Our Doctors and Staff
- President: Neal Barnard, M.D., F.A.C.C.
- Medical Director: James F. Loomis Jr., M.D.
- Physician: Stephen Neabore, M.D.
- Nurse Practitioner: Emily Kasmar, M.S., A.G.P.C.N.P.- B.C.
- Dietitian: Susan Levin, M.S., R.D.
- Dietitian: Karen Smith, R.D.
- Dietitian: Maggie Neola, R.D., L.D.
- Medical Assistant: Manuel Calcagno, R.M.A.
Our team will work to help you improve your diabetes—or even eliminate it to the extent possible. Although we can prescribe medications, we prefer to help you minimize your need for them.
You can also take advantage of our comprehensive nutrition education, cooking tips, and group support to help you improve your blood sugar control, increase your energy level, and maintain a healthy body weight. Our highly effective approach was the outgrowth of our research funded by the National Institutes of Health.
Location and Hours
5100 Wisconsin Ave. N.W., Suite #401
Washington, D.C. 20016
Open 7am – 7pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays
8am - 6pm on Wednesdays and Fridays