Video Production Manager
Seeking video production manager with five or more years of experience to streamline, improve, and grow nonprofit health organization’s video goals and collaborations.
About the Physicians Committee
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is a nonprofit health organization dedicated to saving and improving lives through good nutrition, advanced medical research, and public policy advocacy. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on disease prevention, plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals. We invite you to visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog.
About the Communications Team
The Physicians Committee’s Communications team works to maximize publicity for our campaigns, programs, and research studies through traditional and social media.
About this Career Opportunity
The Video Production Manager will be the organization’s point person for generating video content and overseeing the organization’s larger video strategy.
Specific duties will include:
- Work with internal and external colleagues and partners to oversee all Physicians Committee video operations and collaborations.
- Build and maintain the Physicians Committee’s current video operation, including studio space, lighting, equipment, and video library.
- Brainstorm, write, and produce videos – long- and short-form, timely and evergreen – for social and web, as well as with an eye towards the organization’s more ambitious, long-form video projects (documentaries and short films). This may also include shooting and editing the videos.
- Work with the organization’s other departments and team members to develop, improve, and produce their video needs as they arise.
- Oversee and produce videos for media and news releases. This may also include shooting and editing the videos.
- Oversee and produce videos for ads (Barnard Medical Center ads, commercials for media, etc.). This may also include shooting and editing the videos.
- Where applicable, serve as the primary point of contact for external production companies and act as the Physicians Committee’s voice throughout those projects.
- Attend local events and shoot/edit the video.
- Oversee and coordinate celebrity PSAs.
- Upload and publish video content to all appropriate channels with titles and descriptions optimized for SEO and high visibility.
This is a full-time position located at the Physicians Committee’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. (Friendship Heights on Metro’s Red Line)
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a creative professional with five or more years of experience in video production who is skilled at video storytelling and knows how to effectively communicate through visual mediums in line with modern media consumption. If you are a team player who will tackle his or her work with a sense of urgency and with persistence and you are passionate about the Physicians Committee's mission to advance the field of plant-based nutrition and promote alternatives to the use of animals in research, education, and testing, we'd like to hear from you.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online. We look forward to hearing from you! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.