Junior Web/Database Developer
About the Physicians Committee
The Physicians Committee is a nonprofit organization working toward compassionate and effective medical practice, research, and health promotion. Since 1985, PCRM has led the way for reforms of federal nutrition policies, and our clinical research programs are breaking new ground in diabetes, cancer, and other serious medical conditions. We have fought for an emphasis on prevention, higher ethical standards in research, and scientific advances in basic research and effective drug development. Over the years, we have taken on battles to end ethically questionable experiments involving children and inhumane animal experiments and have worked to improve science education. We have worked with physicians, federal regulators, politicians, researchers, educators, students, and concerned citizens. And we have so much more work to do. We invite you to visit our youtube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog.
About this Opportunity
The Physicians Committee is seeking a full-time Junior Web/Database Developer to assist our current Web/Database developer in creating and supporting database applications for our websites. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with web application development using a range of web and database technologies as used in a nonprofit environment. The ideal candidate will be flexible and team-oriented who relishes developing innovative solutions to better promote our mission.
- Create new databases, tables, and views to support new web applications
- Assist staff with database-integrated web applications
- Create database-integrated web applications
- Create dynamic website content
- Migrate legacy applications to the web
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
Education & Experience-
- Preferred: BA, BS or MA in a technology degree program plus one year full-time related work experience
- Areas of focus:
- Adobe ColdFusion
- Transact SQL
- Additional helpful skills: SharePoint, IIS, Jquery, XML, Adobe Flash, PHP, mySQL
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must maintain a sense of urgency and flexibility
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability and willingness to travel to related seminars, conferences, training, meetings, etc.
- Enthusiasm for PCRM’s mission to promote plant-based diets and alternatives to the use of animals in research, education, training, and testing
Terms of employment: This is a full-time position in the Physicians Committee’s Metro-accessible office in the Friendship Heights neighborhood of Washington, DC.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $53,000 to $58,000/year, depending on experience. The Physicians Committee offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance in addition to opportunities for continuing education and professional development.
How to Apply
In your cover letter, please tell us about your skills, accomplishments and your interest in our organization’s mission. Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the position title in your subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.