Help Desk Technician
About the Physicians Committee – Who We Are
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is a nonprofit health organization dedicated to saving and improving lives through good nutrition, advanced medical research, and public policy advocacy. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on disease prevention, plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals. We invite you to visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog.
About this Career Opportunity – Help Desk Technician
The Physicians Committee is seeking a Help Desk Technician to provide help desk support, hardware and software configuration, and software training. This is an excellent opportunity to develop IT experience in a nonprofit setting.
- Provide Help Desk Support in conjunction with existing Help Desk Administrator, Director of Information Technology, and outside consulting firm
- IT Administration – setup/maintain PCs and manage IT inventory
- Software Training – perform new user IT orientations and assist staff with software questions
- Audio-Visual Support – assist with projector and computer setup for both on and off-site events
- Maintain detailed standard operating procedures for primary areas of responsibility
- Other duties as needed or assigned
This is a full-time position located at the Physicians Committee’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for someone who enjoys working with both technology and people. We move fast, so good communication and customer service through tickets and in person are critical.
- Bachelor of Science in IT-related program
- MCP, MCSE, or MCSE, A+ certifications valued, but not required
- Two to three years of IT work experience preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Good customer service and verbal and written communication skills including the ability to train staff one-on-one, via remote connections, and in small group settings
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and follow projects through to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop solutions to any identified problems
- Professional skills, demeanor, and work ethic
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency, efficiency, and flexibility
- Enthusiasm for the Physicians Committee's mission to advance the field of plant-based nutrition and promote alternatives to the use of animals in research and education
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work evenings and weekends as needed
- Interest in developing new competencies as needed for the responsibilities of the position
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds of computer equipment
The salary range for this position is $45,000 to $50,000/year, depending on experience. The Physicians Committee offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance in addition to opportunities for continuing education and professional development.
How to Apply:
In your cover letter, please tell us about your accomplishments and your interest in the Physicians Committee’s mission to advance the field of plant-based nutrition and to promote alternatives to the use of animals in research and education. Submit your cover letter and resume online. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!