Help Desk Administrator
The Physicians Committee is seeking a Help Desk Administrator to provide help desk support, hardware and software configuration, and software training. This is an excellent opportunity to utilize IT experience in a nonprofit setting.
- User management – perform new user orientations, add/remove permissions, assist with software questions
- Inventory management – configure PCs, reinstall operating systems, issue loaner equipment, upgrade software, maintain firmware on medical devices
- Trouble tickets – assist on-site and remote staff members (escalating as necessary) with problems relating to hardware, software, mobile devices, peripherals, and wired and wireless connectivity
This is a full-time position located at the Physicians Committee’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for someone who enjoys working with both technology and people. We move fast, so good communication and customer service through tickets and in person are critical.
- Bachelor’s degree (IT-related program preferred)
- MCP or A+ certifications valued, but not required
- Five to seven years of IT work experience preferably in a non-profit organization
- Familiarity with Windows 7 in a domain environment, Office 2010, and experience with helpdesk ticketing systems, such as Spiceworks, is preferred
- Good customer service and verbal and written communication skills including the ability to train staff one-on-one, via remote connections, and in small group settings
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and follow projects through to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop solutions to any identified problems
- Professional skills, demeanor, and work ethic
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency, efficiency, and flexibility
- Other Requirements
- Enthusiasm for the Physicians Committee's mission
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work evenings and weekends as needed
- Interest in developing new competencies as needed for the responsibilities of the position
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds of computer equipment
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter to tell us about your goals, your accomplishments in IT roles, and your interest in the Physicians Committee's mission.
Click here to apply online.
We look forward to hearing from you!