Frequently Asked Questions
Additional information and resources are available at:
- The Cancer Project
- Health Topics in Preventive Medicine & Nutrition
- Vegan and Vegetarian Diets
- Animal Testing and Alternatives
- Humane Charities Campaign
- Ethics in Human Research
- Ethics in Medical Education
Fundamental topics are not addressed in the curricula of many medical schools, and only in passing at others. PCRM's educational resources answer your questions:
- Nutrition Education Curriculum: Packed with lesson plans, peer-reviewed journal articles, and practical advice on how to put foods to work. It can be put straight to use in the classroom, and is ideal for informal “brown-bag” seminars.
- Research Issues Compendium: Shows how to implement exciting and enormously popular alternatives to the traditional “dog lab” at your medical school. It contains discussion materials on making all research more effective, efficient, and humane. Animal issues are covered as well as the ethics of human experiments.
- Medicine and Society Curriculum: offers perspectives for patient-centered, effective health care, with a special eye on ensuring proper care for traditionally disenfranchised groups.
The American Holistic Medical Association offers a physician referral directory. Call 216-292-6644 or go to www.holisticmedicine.org.