Frequently Asked Questions
Additional information and resources are available at:
- The Cancer Project
- Health Topics in Preventive Medicine & Nutrition
- Vegan and Vegetarian Diets
- Animal Testing and Alternatives
- Humane Charities Campaign
- Ethics in Human Research
- Ethics in Medical Education
Fundamental topics are not addressed in the curricula of many medical schools, and only in passing at others. PCRM's educational resources answer your questions:
- Nutrition Education Curriculum: Packed with lesson plans, peer-reviewed journal articles, and practical advice on how to put foods to work. It can be put straight to use in the classroom, and is ideal for informal “brown-bag” seminars.
- Research Issues Compendium: Shows how to implement exciting and enormously popular alternatives to the traditional “dog lab” at your medical school. It contains discussion materials on making all research more effective, efficient, and humane. Animal issues are covered as well as the ethics of human experiments.
- Medicine and Society Curriculum: offers perspectives for patient-centered, effective health care, with a special eye on ensuring proper care for traditionally disenfranchised groups.
- Art of Compassion Gala: Highlights Video (running time 17 minutes)
Watch the video in Windows Media Player now >
- Eating Right for Cancer Survival explores how healthful food choices can help prevent cancer and, when cancer has been diagnosed, how they can improve survival.
- Food Seduction Lecture by Neal D. Barnard, M.D. examines the physiological reasons many people are so powerfully drawn to foods containing cheese, chocolate, sugar, or meat.
- Good Medicine, Ethical Research offers a look at the work of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. Watch the video in QuickTime now >
- Innovations in Trauma Training looks at an exciting program that uses life-like simulators and human cadavers to train physicians to provide emergency care to trauma victims. Watch the video in QuickTime now >
- A New Approach to Nutrition for Diabetes DVD explains how a low-fat vegan diet could help you reduce your need for diabetes medicines. Learn more >
The American Holistic Medical Association offers a physician referral directory. Call 216-292-6644 or go to www.holisticmedicine.org.